What separates a simple spreadsheet from RealtimeCRM is the ability to account for and highlight relationships between records. A database should not simply be a store of data but provide context and therefore utility through how data is related.
To this end our Related Records feature links your Projects or Opportunities to as many Company, Contact, Project and Opportunity records as are relevant so you can keep track of even the most sprawling Projects or Opportunities ensuring timely completion and hopefully future work.
Why use Related Records?
Let us for the sake of example imagine you are a construction company working on a large development. To complete the work by the set date you need to bring more workers onto the Project. You then subcontract workmen from other construction firms but as they are not part of your RealtimeCRM team, how then do you keep track of them?
This is where the Related Records feature demonstrates its unique utility. You can then go into that construction Project and assign the other Construction Companies to it via the Related Records functionality. You can then label these other firms who are helping you complete the Project as ‘Sub-Contractors’ for example.
So how do I create a relationship?
- From the Dashboard click Projects panel on the left hand sidebar
- Now from your list of Projects select the one for which you wish to record a relationship to another Company or Contact
- Once you are on that Project’s record, scroll down until you see the following
- Click Add on the right of the Related Records heading.
- You will then have the choice between adding a related Company or Contact.
- Once you’ve chosen between the two a window will open asking you to fill out the ‘label’ and the related Company or Contact’s name from a drop-down list of all your Company or Contact records.
- To finish click Create and your Related Record will be added to the Project.
- Furthermore if you visit the Contact or Company record you just linked, you will see the newly linked Project appear within that Contact or Company record
Note: The Contact or Company you are adding as a Related Record must already be added to your list of Contact or Company records. You cannot manually enter them in as you use the Related Records functionality.