Removing duplicate records after an Import
Sometimes we can accidentally record records twice in an import CSV file resulting in duplicate records being imported into RealtimeCRM. Fortunately, RealtimeCRM will flag these duplicates and tag them as such allowing you to easily remove the specifically duplicated records in bulk rather than have to go through deleting each duplicate record individually.
You’ll all notice that every time you import records they are tagged with the date and time they were imported into RealtimeCRM, and in that way you can remove any or all records from a particular import by the same process described below by instead of filtering your by that date and time tag the import took place instead of the tag ‘Duplicate’.
Removing duplicate records
In this example we are going to import several Contacts into RealtimeCRM including several which already exist as records.
- After having imported your CSV file you will see a message under the ‘Review Data Import’ label which flags up the duplicate records. You can click through to view the duplicate records from here
- Alternatively, click on the Contacts panel in the left hand sidebar
- Once on your Contacts page, click the Add filter button and from the drop-down menu select ‘Tag:’ and then ‘Tag: Duplicate’ which will be displayed as Tag: Duplicate when applied
- Now your list of Contact records will be filtered down to only those records which contain the tag ‘Duplicate’, alternatively you can simply click on the tag ‘Duplicate’ to the right of any respective record it appears on in the list and RealtimeCRM will automatically filter your list of records by it without having to go through the process above if you prefer
- Now click the top most check box that appears next to grey menu bar this will then select all records in the now filtered list
- Click Manage selected and from the drop-down menu that appears click ‘Delete selected records’
- A dialog box will appear asking you to confirm whether you want to delete the duplicate records or not, once confirmed the selected records will be removed from RealtimeCRM