Selecting multiple items from a pick list
We have now introduced the ability to choose if pick lists allow multiple selections and then assign them to a Custom Field. Whereas before you were only able to select one, now giving you the option to create fully customised pick lists as Custom Fields.
We believe that by giving our customers this option, it will further push our aim of providing a fully tailored solution for businesses.
- Click on your Username in the top right corner
- From the drop-down menu click on ‘Settings’
- You will then be taken to your ‘My Profile’ page then click ‘Configuration’ from the list on the left hand side
- Once on the Configuration page scroll down until you see the ‘Custom Fields’ heading
- Click the Add custom field button
- A new dialog box should open allowing you to create a Custom Field that appears in all records of a desired type, for example all Contact records
- In this new dialog box select the Custom Field type as ‘Picklist’ then enter its name and the default values that should appear
- If you wish to be able to record multiple options from the list instead of just one then click the ‘Allow multiple selections’ checkbox
- Next select the record type you want this Picklist Custom Field to apply to in our case it will be ‘Company’
- In the ‘Picklist options’ enter all of the choices you want, please note to press enter after each individual option you wish to appear in the Picklist and then when you are done click the ‘Create’ button
- Your new Picklist Custom Field should appear in all Company records ready to use as usual