The Projects Pipeline
The Projects Pipeline is designed to make it easy for you to see how far Projects have progressed towards completion, at a glance. You can see which Projects are nearing a close and which may need some effort to get them over the line.
To make the view easier to understand, you can filter the Projects Pipeline by various criteria. If, for example, you have multiple ongoing Projects with one customer you can filter the Projects Pipeline to only show those Projects. Ideal for viewing status before a catchup call.
We have built the Projects Pipeline view to be intuitive and interactive. Each circle represents a Project. The larger the circle, the greater the value of the Project and by clicking on each Project you can view and edit its details. You can also quickly change the stage of any Project by dragging its circle up or down the Pipeline to a new stage.
Filtering the Projects Pipeline
- To begin click on the Projects Pipeline panel on the left hand sidebar
- Now click the Add filter button
- A drop-down list of various filters will appear. In this example we will filter Projects by the total of value of the Project being greater than £100,000
- So we will click on the filter ‘Value >’ and enter ‘100000’
- Then simply press enter and the filter will be applied
_Note: By default the Project Pipeline shows all Projects that belong to the Standard Project group. You may have created more Project types and you will be able to see Projects belonging to those groups by changing the Project type dropdown, as shown:
_After you have selected the relevant Project type you can then further filter down the Projects as above._
Editing or changing the order of Stages
Human error is a fact of life, perhaps when creating a new Project type you made a spelling error on a Stage or misplaced in the order it was meant to be in and so it doesn’t reflect your Project life cycle, fortunately correcting these errors can be done in minutes
- Click on your Username in the top right corner
- Select ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu and then click the ‘Configuration’ panel on the left hand side
- Scroll down until you see the ‘Project Types’ heading
- Find the Project Type you wish to edit by looking for its name
- To move a Stage within your desired Project up or down the Pipeline simply click on the and drag it up or down into the position you desire and then it’ll be saved automatically as you let go of your mouse
- To edit a Stage name or description simply click <span class=“btn btn-link btn-xs” test-primary"> Edit next to the relevant stage and a new dialog box will open allowing you to change its name and description satisfied with the modifications simply click the update button to save the changes
- To delete a Stage simply click Delete next to it
_Note: Modifying stages will affect existing Projects. Be sure to review your existing Projects, particularly if stages have been moved or deleted, to ensure the Projects themselves reflect the correct status.