Editing User Permissions as an Administrator
Only Administrators have the ability to change User Permissions. This enables you to restrict access to certain sections of RealtimeCRM as well as certain actions such as the ability to import and export data.
You can even disable a User account. Disabling a User account does not delete the user account and its contents instead it locks the account so that it can no longer be accessed but any information relating to it remains. For example, all the associated tasks for the disabled user account will remain and you can later change the assignee to another user account if you desire.
How to edit User Permissions
- Click on your Username on the top right corner
- A drop-down menu appear, then click on ‘Settings’
- Once you have clicked on ‘Settings’ you will be taken to your ‘My Profile’ page
- Click on ‘Users’ panel from the side menu
- Then click the button on the User whose privileges you wish to modify
- The User details form should now open and under the User Permissions heading you shall find the permissions you can change
- You can then choose whether or not they can: see, edit or remove data in various record types
- Within that menu, you are able to make that User a System Administrator if you are yourself already a System Administrator which determines whether the user has full access to the Configuration settings, including the ability to download all data as well as delete the database
- You can also change whether the User can import and export data as well as reset their password. Furthermore you can set a maximum value on purchase orders the User can approve
- Once you are happy with the modified User permissions, all you need to do is click the Save button and their account will be changed