Filter records by Custom Fields
You may already know that you can easily filter the records that you see listed in RealtimeCRM. While there are many attributes that covers, you will want to add your own custom fields and you may not be aware that you can filter by those too.
Using custom fields and filters you have a great way of organising your data to meet your reporting needs. It can cover everything from who to send greeting cards to, which Company records need to be spoken to or displaying all the Opportunities that came from a particular marketing campaign.
In this example we will be a recruitment agency looking for a candidate who can write content in ‘HTML’. We are going to filter all of our Contact records by only those records in which the content of the ‘Skills’ Custom Field is ‘HTML’.
- From the Dashboard go to the location of your desired records. In this example we want to filter all Contact records so we will head to ‘Contacts’ panel in the left hand sidebar
- Once on the Contact page you will see all of your Contact records. To filter this list simply click the Add filter button and in the drop-down menu look for the Custom Field that you want to use as a filter.
- In this example, the Custom Field we’re filtering by is ‘Skills’ so we’ll click on it
- Since we want only those records where the candidates are able to write programs in HTML we will type ‘HTML’ and then press enter to apply the filter to all of your Contact records. You will know that the filter is enabled as ‘HTML’ will appear in a bubble: Skills: HTML
- Your list of records will now be filtered to show only those who have HTML in their skills Custom Field
Note: For Custom Fields set to be Picklists you may see an additional < None set > option. By selecting this you will filter your list to show all records where no value has been assigned to the picklist